Pet Pujaris: Connecting People Through Food




Had read about the Pet Pujaris quite some time ago and followed them on Facebook.They organize a Fatka event (in an expensive restaurant) and a Kadka event (cheap/streetfood) once a month.Somehow I would always miss their announcement and see the photos later.This time I saw that they had an event in a new restaurant  Terttulia and decided to attend.My friends know my sense of punctuality and set alarms on the day we are to meet :)  I wasn't sure about the location yet I landed up being the first guest to arrive.Kumar Jhuremalani who set up Pet Pujaris and his friend Taha were waiting.Found them both to be warm and great conversationalists.



It was raining heavily yet we were about twenty five people! There was loud music but it didn't stop us from having a conversation.There we were....architects,lawyers,doctors and folks from the digital and social media connecting through food.



The best part was that it wasn't all about food,food and food.It was like going to a party and making new friends.People hopped from one table to the next,meeting everyone.I was in a lazy mood so I stayed put but managed to meet quite a few people.Next time,I will do better :)





We had drinks and starters....Pesto Mushroom and Chicken Tapenade (star of the lunch).Also this thing called Karari Roti which was like a giant khakra with fresh flavors.Their thin crust pizzas were cooked perfectly.






For the main course,there was a choice of pasta,ravioli,seasalt rubbed grilled chicken with vegetables or lamb ragout with root vegetables and spaghetti.Then there was dessert.






We started at 1 pm and ended at 4.30pm!! Exchanging anecdotes about food and travel made time fly.The only person I knew was Vishwas Kasat,a fellow blogger.One of the things he spoke about was Locha.Apparently it's a dhokla gone wrong (Locho happened) Yet very popular! A well known Surat speciality now available in Mumbai suburbs.Also met Kaushal Karkhanis whom I follow on Twitter.He blogs about travel as Exotic Gringo







Have to thank Kumar (the one in the blue tshirt) for finding this lovely way of getting people closer :)
I am going to be back someday...soon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Banana Leaf Lunch

Food at a Baarsa...A Maharashtrian Naming Ceremony

The Malcolm Baug Parsi Pop-Up